Search This Blog

Sunday, August 1, 2010

my new blog - up and running

Now that I am finally settling into my new job at The Runners Flat (http://therunnersflat.com/The_Runners_Flat/The_Runners_Flat.html), and a new home town of Cedar Falls, IA, I decided it's time to get my blog going!

Why nutrition, you ask? Well I just graduated with a B.S. in Food, Nutrition, and Dietetics from Illinois State University (go Redbirds!) - But mostly, I love food. And why "up and running"? I've been running for as long as I can remember! I started with 5Ks, then competed on my Jr. high and High School cross country and track teams, and eventually competed at a collegiate level at Elmhurst college for one year and Illinois State for 2 years. When my college running career was over I began coaching, which is really what I love. Last year I was part of a coaching staff that brought a central Illinois catholic high school cross country team to state where the ladies placed 7th overall and one very special lady ran her way to her 2nd cross country championship title. As well as coaching, I have recently discovered a love of marathon running! I've completed 2 marathons (Quad Cities last September and Boston last April), and I'm planning on another soon. Actually I love the marathon training more than the actual marathon, but that's another story for another time!


So this blog is not aimed at elite level athletes (although if any of you are reading this I would love to know what you think. . . a girl can dream, can't she?) I think nutrition plays a big role at every level of athleticism. In fact if you weren't born as an elite performer, you need all the edge you can get - I should know! And nutrition isn't all about running faster or jumping higher, it's about feeling your best.

So let's see how this goes. . .

3 comments:

  1. I just found out about your site and have been catching up on posts. You seem to have a great and easy way of putting things. Hopefully one day I will get built back up to marathon training, but the information is still revent to me. Plus I am just a nerd for running info.
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for reading! I took a little time off of blogging there, but I'm back now! I hope you read more and learn something too!

    ReplyDelete